Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Time to Start Writing Again...

It was mentioned to me the other day that there is a distinct lack of female voices in the bike community (especially in the racing community).  Every time you turn around, you see a race report from a confident male cyclist.  You read interviews on bike related websites of national championship contenders that almost always happen to be male.  And on the off chance you actually see a televised cycling event, it is almost exclusively the men's race.

I am incredibly lucky to live in an area with a (relatively) huge population of female cyclists. Unfortunately, not all of them race.  Even more unfortunate, not all of them feel welcome in the racing community.  By starting this new blog, I want to not only give myself a voice in the cycling community, I want to give all of us a voice.  The more voices we add, the louder we get.

I am not really sure what this is going to evolve into.  But I want to share my experiences and encourage others to follow their passion and to be courageous and confident.  It has been a while since I have done anything other than technical writing, so this is going to be an interesting experiment.

Myself and a teammate at Hyattsville CX this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment